- We act with integrity, fairness and transparency
- We comply with legal, regulatory and licence requirements
- We do not tolerate corruption in any form, whether direct or indirect
- Our investment criteria takes account of economic returns, environmental impacts, social consequences and human rights
- High standards of corporate governance are integral to the way we manage our business
- We treat people with fairness, respect and decency
- We help employees develop their potential
- We believe that all injuries are preventable
- We provide healthy, safe and secure work environments
- We work to ensure that neighbouring communities benefit from our presence on an enduring basis
- We listen to neighbouring communities and take account of their interests
- We support human rights within our areas of influence
- We make a positive contribution to the protection of the environment
- We go beyond compliance with local environmental regulation to meet internationally accepted best practice
- We reduce to the minimum practicable any adverse effects of our operations on the environment
We believe that an organization can only deliver outstanding performance over the long term if everyone’s behaviour meets a set of standards and shared values.
Our Business Principles define how we operate and express our core values and behaviors. They set out our commitment to the highest integrity in business relationships, including zero tolerance for corruption. They reinforce our commitment to providing safe and secure working environments, developing our employees and treating all our people with fairness, respect, and decency. They express our intention to make a positive contribution to economic, social and environmental development in the countries where we operate and to ensure consistency of approach by service providers and contractors.
We believe that operating in accordance with these Business Principles is essential for sustainable performance and long-term value creation. They are approved by the Board and must be followed by all our people at all times, including when seconded to joint ventures.